The 4 Trends Your Organisation Must Adopt in 2019: Part 2 - HUBB Consultants
17599
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-17599,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,transparent_content,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-13.0,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.4,vc_responsive

The 4 Trends Your Organisation Must Adopt in 2019: Part 2

Engagement

The 4 Trends Your Organisation Must Adopt in 2019: Part 2

The 4 Trends Your Organisation Must Adopt in 2019: Part 2

Last week we discussed the concept of a Human Centred Organisation being one of the key trends for workplaces to adopt in 2019, and this week we will explore the concept of engagement in the workplace.

Engagement

Engagement

While most organisations recognise the need for engagement, many only pay minimal attention to the idea, through basic annual surveys. Many organisations don’t understand the true importance of engagement; even though 87% of organisational staff are likely to be disengaged, with the other 13% out-performing them by 202% (Gallup, 2016).

So, what are the three key elements behind effective employee engagement? In 1990, Professor William Kahn held in-depth interviews with employees, and discovered that for an employee to feel engaged, they had to:

  • Feel that their work was meaningful and made a difference,
  • Feel valued, trusted and respected, and
  • Feel secure and self-confident.

Kahn’s research is backed up by Maslow’s theory of the Hierarchy of Needs. This theory outlines that human beings need self-actualisation, and in a work sense, engagement is a part of fulfilling that need.

self actualisation

Focusing on engagement is proven to improve outcomes for organisations, as it will unlock the potential of talent from within, and leverage employee motivation to deliver the needs of the organisation.

Not sure how to strategically improve employee engagement in your workplace? Contact Hubb Consultants today, and let us help you create a successful business plan to increase employee engagement, motivation and productivity.